Return to the Senior Transportation Connection News page.
Senior Transportation Connection (STC) is Seeking a New Executive Director
Complete Job Description:
Executive Director, Senior Transportation Connection
Since 2005, Senior Transportation Connection (STC) has provided comprehensive, coordinated, efficient and affordable transportation to seniors and adults with disabilities throughout Cuyahoga county. STC passengers have mobility challenges due to age, lack of access, disability, frailty or inability to drive, primarily for medical appointments and senior center programs. STC remained open during the COVID pandemic to provide essential services to residents of the 30 communities and organizations served by the organization.
Early in its organizational maturity, STC is on solid ground with strategic priorities in place, a happy and committed staff, and a diverse and devoted Board of Directors. The organization is seeking to hire a new Executive Director to develop the organization into its next stages of growth.
The Executive Director will be responsible for overall strategic direction and operations of an established, trusted and high-value organization serving the unique needs of Cuyahoga County's senior and disabled citizens. This high-visibility position demands someone passionate for the work, laser-focused on delivering the mission, outcome-oriented, and able to comfortably navigate in the public environment to forge relationships with communities, social service agencies, advocacy groups, funders, and appointed and elected officials.
• Ensures organizational strategic and operational plans are aligned with business needs and consistently executed to meet or exceed established goals. Maintains and strengthens sharp focus on organizational mission, ensuring that focus consistently informs and guides all strategy and operations.
• Ensures the financial sustainability of the organization. Engages in creative and flexible contract negotiations that meet ongoing and changing community needs and the organization's financial goals. Oversees a multi-faceted fundraising program.
• Manages effective relationships with local elected officials and other community leaders. Ensures partner communities are maximizing services and keep constituents informed. Continuously works to attract all other communities on the benefits of engaging with the organization.
• Fosters a positive working environment that continually attracts, retains and motivates a high performing workforce. Practices collaborative leadership.
• Ensures the organization consistently delivers high quality programs and services, operates in compliance with all contractual and legal requirements, and implements systems to monitor and manage risk on an ongoing basis.
• Oversees a comprehensive marketing and communications program designed to reach all target program/service, partner and fundraising audiences in, and for, the community.
• Establishes and maintains strong relationship with the Board of Directors. Develops pipeline of new Board Members to address attrition and help grow the organization's influence in the community.
• Bachelor's degree required. Post-graduate work strongly preferred. Major in business management, nonprofit management or public administration strongly preferred.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in management roles with progressively increasing responsibilities, including management of staff. Budget management and reporting responsibilities required. Strategic planning experience and accountability required. Experience in transportation industry highly desirable.
• Must demonstrate proven successful experience working with the governance body and managing a senior leadership team of a nonprofit organization (minimum budget of $5 million).
• Must demonstrate comfort level with people of influence and affluence. Must be able to deliver charismatic presentations to large and small groups within this audience, and successfully communicate benefits of establishing a formal relationship with the organization.
• Minimum five (5) years' experience fundraising for a nonprofit organization employing a variety of tools, e.g., annual fund, major gifts, etc. is required. Experience may be paid or voluntary.
• Must demonstrate proven track record of achieving measurable objectives, as well as proven history managing subordinates against measurable objectives.
• Must demonstrate effective organizational and analytical skills, with ability to prioritize quickly and with agility.
• Must demonstrate effective communication skills, including but not limited to written and oral communication, online communication and marketing/brand management.
• Must demonstrate effective relationship-building skills with audiences of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Experience reporting to a Board of Directors highly desirable. Contract negotiation skills a plus.
All final candidates will be subject to a criminal background check, credit check, and drug/alcohol screening prior to hire.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume with cover letter to: HumanResources@RideSTC.org ✉.
Be sure to reference how you heard about the opening and your salary requirements.
Deadline To Apply:
Resumes must be received by August 15, 2021.